French Toasts Recipe (serves 4-6)
4 Eggs (60g).
1 teaspoon Sugar.
A pinch of Salt.
A few dashes of Cinnamon Powder.
200 – 250ml Fresh Milk (skimmed or full fat).
10 – 12 slices White Bread, cut into triangles.
Unsalted Butter, enough for pan-frying.
Canadian Maple Syrup for serving.
1. Break eggs into a shallow bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk.
2. Over medium-low fire, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.
3. Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds on both sides. Soak only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.
4. Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
5. Serve French toasts hot with butter and maple syrup.
|Our breakfast of French Toasts and Sautéed Mushrooms.|